DugoutHeroesLeagues
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DugoutHeroesLeagues

Come win the World Series!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

OFFICIAL RULES

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jmat1518
Strike Out

OFFICIAL RULES Empty
PostSubject: OFFICIAL RULES   OFFICIAL RULES I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 9:42 pm

-9 inning games
-Home team decides field
-2 opponents per week and you play each opponent 2 times with 1 game home and 1 game away (4 games per week)
-You cant use a pitcher in both games UNLESSS they throw less than 2 innings in both games. so think of it as you can pitch a guy in 1 game for as many innings as you want, or you can throw a pitcher in both games as long as they dont go over 2 innings in either game (so 4 innings maximum if they pitch both games). this innings restriction is independent from the other match up for that week, so pitching vs one opponent will not affect how you can pitch vs the other opponent. If you break this rule it will result with a forfeit of the 2nd game. Also, if your guy is at 1.2 innings and the next pitch is a double play ball we will just consider that to be 2 innings if you take him out next batter.
-Disconnects and failure to get in games on schedule will be dealt with in a case by case situation with the moderators decision being final although I don’t expect any problems here
-Playoffs will be 8 teams with division winners getting an automatic spot and 4 wild cards
-Playoffs will be 3 game series, with a 5 game series for the championship. The pitching restrictions will apply here also with a slight addition; If a pitcher throws more than 4 innings in a game then he will be unavailable for the following 2 games

-Please follow the scheduled weeks. however, if you know that you will be busy or will be out of town for a week then go ahead and play ahead as I will post the whole schedule. Any falling behind will be dealt with in a case by case situation.

Last edited by jmat1518 on Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mannan
Strike Out

My player : Derek Jeter

OFFICIAL RULES Empty
PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL RULES   OFFICIAL RULES I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 9:45 pm

so wait.

suppose that i'm playing, and I take out my starting pitcher after 1.2 innings. then I bring in another starter, and he pitches 5 innings (now 6.2 innings done), and then I bring in relievers, and etc. can I use tht second starting pitcher in the second game vs the same opponent, and the same relievers again too?
Back to top Go down
jmat1518
Strike Out

OFFICIAL RULES Empty
PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL RULES   OFFICIAL RULES I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 9:49 pm

Mannan wrote:
so wait.

suppose that i'm playing, and I take out my starting pitcher after 1.2 innings. then I bring in another starter, and he pitches 5 innings (now 6.2 innings done), and then I bring in relievers, and etc. can I use tht second starting pitcher in the second game vs the same opponent, and the same relievers again too?
you have a 2 inning restriction on each pitcher per game. if you would like to pitch 1 guy in both games they must stay under 2 innings per game, if they go over the 2 innings then they will be unavailable for the second game. if you pitch a guy for 2 innings in game 1 of a series, then pitch him for 3 innings in game 2 that is illegal and will result in a forfeit of the 2nd game. if you pitch him for 2 innings in game 1, then 2 innings in game 2 that is legal and within the rules.
Back to top Go down
CO_Bellos
Strike Out

OFFICIAL RULES Empty
PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL RULES   OFFICIAL RULES I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 11:31 pm

Ok another scenario here too

Say I use a closer one game and he pitches 1 inning and then the next game say my starter is getting in trouble, and I want to bring my closer in again say in the 6th inning can he pitch 4 innings in the second game since he only pitched 1 inning and didn't surpass that limit of 2 innings a game?
Back to top Go down
jmat1518
Strike Out

OFFICIAL RULES Empty
PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL RULES   OFFICIAL RULES I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 11:56 pm

CO_Bellos wrote:
Ok another scenario here too

Say I use a closer one game and he pitches 1 inning and then the next game say my starter is getting in trouble, and I want to bring my closer in again say in the 6th inning can he pitch 4 innings in the second game since he only pitched 1 inning and didn't surpass that limit of 2 innings game?
that is illegal, refer to the post above you. if your pitcher has 2 appearances in both games of a series, he must stay under 2 innings in BOTH appearances.
Back to top Go down
jldeluca
Strike Out

OFFICIAL RULES Empty
PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL RULES   OFFICIAL RULES I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 12:44 pm

what is the ruling for tiebreakers? i imagine it's up to the players to play their desired lengh of game(obviously a 9 would make most sense for pitcher fatigue), and what about the pitching rules? is any pitcher eligible for the tie breaker?

brewcrew and i had to play an extension, and it ended up we just decided to play another 9 inning game and first inning that one of us was leading, would be the winner, but we were both unsure about pitching rules(if there even is any for this kind of situation)

my question is, does it still count as an extension of the game? or if it is the 2nd game(like it was with us) does that mean the pitchers from the first game are ineligible? or if it is the first game, and you go through a few pitchers and into extra inngs, does that mean that anyone that pitched in the extended frame(up until the winning run) is not allowed to pitch the next game?

i think this needs some clarification please
Back to top Go down
jmat1518
Strike Out

OFFICIAL RULES Empty
PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL RULES   OFFICIAL RULES I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 2:35 pm

jldeluca wrote:
what is the ruling for tiebreakers? i imagine it's up to the players to play their desired lengh of game(obviously a 9 would make most sense for pitcher fatigue), and what about the pitching rules? is any pitcher eligible for the tie breaker?

brewcrew and i had to play an extension, and it ended up we just decided to play another 9 inning game and first inning that one of us was leading, would be the winner, but we were both unsure about pitching rules(if there even is any for this kind of situation)

my question is, does it still count as an extension of the game? or if it is the 2nd game(like it was with us) does that mean the pitchers from the first game are ineligible? or if it is the first game, and you go through a few pitchers and into extra inngs, does that mean that anyone that pitched in the extended frame(up until the winning run) is not allowed to pitch the next game?

i think this needs some clarification please
yeah i forgot that part, damn. i was thinking just leave it as a tie but if you guys played the extras out then just leave it. as for pitching for that game im not gonna make a rule cuz i would just leave it as a tie, so if you guys are both fine with the game then just leave it but the extra innings would count as the 1st game and not the 2nd.
Back to top Go down
jldeluca
Strike Out

OFFICIAL RULES Empty
PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL RULES   OFFICIAL RULES I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 4:18 pm

its ok with me, it was a hell of a game, and he deserved the win
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

OFFICIAL RULES Empty
PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL RULES   OFFICIAL RULES I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL RULES
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DugoutHeroesLeagues :: General :: General-
Jump to: